This top-of-the-line Multi-function printer stopped printing after only one year, and very light home use, perhaps only 200 pages!It had used about 5 sets of cartridges (at about $75 for a set), and was in perfect condition.
Since I have eight years of electronic education, and repair experience, I attempted to disassemble it to manually clean the print-head and clean the nozzles. The case was designed as a one-way snapfit case, making service impossible. You have to break the connections to get access to anything inside. I continued to find other planned obsolescent designs, in that things would break, just getting access to the printer's guts, making this an unreliable ripoff.
I am posting photos of the connectors and the printer on several websites and will be returning my printer to Brother, holding the designers accountable. This shoud have lasted 5 years, and definitely thousands and thousands of prints.
Companies, and their designers need to be held accountable for making products that cannot be serviced; do not perform past abysmal performance; and keep filling up our landfills, and emptying our pockets.Where do these designers live, and why are we not filing class-action suits against thousands of them, to stop the cheap production of cheap products?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Mfc 845C Inkjet Printer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Bought two ASUS X200CA touch screen laptops at Best Buy for about $250 ea. Computers work really well. However, both no longer charge due to faulty DC-IN charging port design...."
- "It started on the 3rd of FEB 2016. My bios wouldn't update so I call Asus Tech support. I gave them all my info and for 2hrs. I was put..."
- "Should you buy a computer from Ibuypower.com, make your own decision read the below. Bought on 2/24/2016 returned on 03/18/2016, 23 days from their door back to their door ...."
- "We took our terrified little rescue dog, Sandy to a "training" facility to help him become more confident and socialized. The owner Catherine Sacks was given $4300 for..."
- "I bought two pieces of jewelery from this site & paid inflated shipping of $10.95 per piece (seller would not combine). The pictures grossly misrepresented the product. If you can..."
- "The perfume scammers at Scentura won't give Investigative guy John Mattes a manager job.Why do they always kick him out from all the offices he goes to . What..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."