This top-of-the-line Multi-function printer stopped printing after only one year, and very light home use, perhaps only 200 pages!It had used about 5 sets of cartridges (at about $75 for a set), and was in perfect condition.
Since I have eight years of electronic education, and repair experience, I attempted to disassemble it to manually clean the print-head and clean the nozzles. The case was designed as a one-way snapfit case, making service impossible. You have to break the connections to get access to anything inside. I continued to find other planned obsolescent designs, in that things would break, just getting access to the printer's guts, making this an unreliable ripoff.
I am posting photos of the connectors and the printer on several websites and will be returning my printer to Brother, holding the designers accountable. This shoud have lasted 5 years, and definitely thousands and thousands of prints.
Companies, and their designers need to be held accountable for making products that cannot be serviced; do not perform past abysmal performance; and keep filling up our landfills, and emptying our pockets.Where do these designers live, and why are we not filing class-action suits against thousands of them, to stop the cheap production of cheap products?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Mfc 845C Inkjet Printer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Laptop advertised in paper ad and on Internet from Walmart for $549. Found out can only order on line. Click on ad and took me to Walmart's site..."
- "The tech's advice about repairing a 5-yr old iMac is "junk it". They expect a 5-yr old product to fail and have designed the case to be prohibitively expensive to..."
- "I purchased a Dell Optiplex 780 model refurbished PC from Wal-Mart Online and will regret it until my dying day! It was $275 + $47 for the Wal-Mart Product Care..."
- "Ordered a wig but when received I could see it was the wrong item. I had ordered the glamerous bob straight hairstyle, see first photo but was send graceful bob..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "MOR Furniture is about the same or worse than IKEA furniture, matter of fact I think IKEA's stuff is better!!! I purchased a queen size mattress, box spring, sleigh..."
- "I just got off the phone with the owner of Fake your job Dot com. What lousy, non-existent customer service they gave me. For one... they don't even have SET..."
- "I purchased 5 mats from CocoMatsNMore.com for $214.59. They arrived frayed, unraveling, dry, and loosely woven. I complained to the company (Scott at 866-561-1921) within 7 days of their arrival...."